Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Player Config Thread

Player Config Thread 1 year 2 months ago #5544

• Link
  • Administrator
  • E-Thug For Life
We have decided it is in everyone's best interest to release various player config files that may aid people in gaining extra FPS. Some of these config's will also remove fog/dust. We cannot combat against these various configs and NWI does not want to remove the commands because it helps people with low end PC's play the game. We are taking this matter into our own hands now and releasing all the files to the public.

After discussion with various admins/moderators/players, we feel it is best to give these configs to the public so that everyone may be on a level playing field. Many of us who have come from COD4 and CS1.6/S/Go know how big config files were/are in those games. There are whole entire sites dedicated to pro player's configs.

In the beginning we fought to control these commands and tried to have them removed but after much discussion with various parties it looks like this is not going to happen. The only real map that the majority of people find these configs helpful with is Heights. As many of you know, heights has a pretty thick fog layer.

You may post your own config files here as well.

Directions for setting up an 'autoexec.cfg':

1. Locate this folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\insurgency\cfg\
2. Right click in the folder and create a file called "autoexec" and make sure the file saves as a '.cfg' or config file
3. Paste the config you received from this thread in the "autoexec" file you just made
4. Make sure to back up your own regular 'config' file just in case something happens so you can easily revert

Note - some config files that you will acquire have different resolutions, sensitivities, etc. so when you use the config file it may change a lot of your control settings etc.

Note that some of these config files will have OLD commands and could potentially BREAK your game.

I will update this list as people post theirs.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Link.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Player Config Thread 1 year 2 months ago #5545

• Oracle
  • Fresh Player
Here's what I've come up with. Not a big focus on fps boost but I think it makes the game look/run pretty well with these video settings. If you are already getting 100+ fps this might make things a little easier to see and of course you can change fps_max to anything depending on your monitors refresh rate. I find If I cap right at 144 I get a lot of screen tearing but If I cap above or below it fixes it. 150 or 121.

Oracle-autoexec.cfg

Oracle-VidSettings
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Oracle.

Player Config Thread 1 year 2 months ago #5546

• CoreSails
  • Fresh Player
This is my article on the subject I wrote after our conversation on steam.

If the rules don't permit this I will remove the link.
Link

Player Config Thread 1 year 2 months ago #5547

Here are some network-related commands, along with descriptions for what each does. Hopefully this will help everyone in their pursuit to minimize issues in that regard.

pastebin.com/BJsf8CCM

Player Config Thread 1 year 2 months ago #5548

• Tors0
  • Fresh Player
Do you have to put values inside "" ?

For example:
cl_smooth "0"

Or can I just put

cl_smooth 0

What if it is something with a numerical value, like fps_max, and not just an on/off toggle like 0/1?

???
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Tors0.

Player Config Thread 1 year 2 months ago #5549

• Psytrux
  • Fresh Player
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Psytrux.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds